Thursday 1 August 2013

About this blog

The purpose of this blog is to record and document my experiences in ground-hopping across the UK, and occasionally beyond. This is purely recreational, and for entertainment purposes only, though it will hopefully serve as a permanent archive of my exploits when I'm unable to blog, travel or afford ground hopping any more.

A bit about me. I grew up in East Anglia, and fell for the nonleague game when watching Kings Lynn in the then Dr Martens league in 98-99. I became a regular at home games, and the occasional away, until I went to Liverpool for my degree in 2004. Then my ground hopping really took off, as I aimed to visit all teams on Merseyside - Marine, Prescot, Formby, Warrington et al. For a variety of reasons (family, work and study) I now live in Sheffield, and juggle my football matches between Kings Lynn away games, Liverpool matches, England internationals and non-league groundhops (which form the bulk of this blog). Although I started ground hopping in 2004 (at an inaugural conference north game between Harrogate and Runcorn Linnets), I have only recently started to blog, roughly halfway through the 2012-13 season. I'm hoping that 2013-14 will be my first full season as a ground hopper blogger. Each blog will describe a visit to a ground, a match report and my personal experiences of the day. Enough of the preamble - enjoy the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment